About Me
Name: Kittykait
Location:: Rural Texas, USA

I'm the second of 8 children.
I homeschool, and I'm 11.
I love having a huge family.
We have an animal farm: 2 gerbils,
6 rabbits, 1 dog, 1 cat,
and 6 sisters and 1 brother.
We are Christians.
I love Paperback swap!!!

View my complete profile


My Families blogs
Saturday, March 17, 2007
When I posted about the Walk-A-Thon I said that I would post how many miles I would walk. I said in the post I was going to walk around 15.2 miles, my mom said I was crazy and I would never do it but I DID even though I was sick most of the time. I walked 8.2 miles today, 1 mile 2-3 days ago, 1 mile 4-5 days ago, and 5 miles the first day of the Walk-A-Thon (March 3). So I am posting a poem on that subject.

Have you heard of tiny Melinda Mae,
Who ate a monstrous whale?
She thought she could,
She said she would,
So she started in right at the tail.

And everyone said, "You're much to small,"
But that didn't bother Melinda at all.
She took little bites and chewed very slow,
Just like a good girl should...

...And eighty-nine years she ate that whale
Because she said she would!

~Shel Silverstein

  posted at 6:56 PM
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 3:39 AM, Blogger Portrait of Peter said...

Congratulations on your achievement - against the impossible -

you have proved to be possible.

Luv the poem too.

Blessings to you and to your family from Scotland.

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger Portrait of Peter said...

After re-reading this "posting" again.

I realised just how much you achieved in walking 15.2 miles and as a consequence - I have now decide to sent a further $10 (via paypal - your mum)

For the St Judes Childrens Hospital.

Again Congratulations on your wonderful achievement and indeed you are a credit to your younger siblings, of what can be achieved through determination.

Blessings to you all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home