About Me
Name: Kittykait
Location:: Rural Texas, USA

I'm the second of 8 children.
I homeschool, and I'm 11.
I love having a huge family.
We have an animal farm: 2 gerbils,
6 rabbits, 1 dog, 1 cat,
and 6 sisters and 1 brother.
We are Christians.
I love Paperback swap!!!

View my complete profile


My Families blogs
Friday, January 26, 2007

As part of my Dad's bonus this year from Vision Forum we got to go to a hunting ranch called Covenant Ranch from Monday afternoon to Wednsday afternoon. Dad shot a deer when it was Megan and I were hunting with him. Here is a picture of me holding it before we gutted it.

After we gutted her she weighed 83 pounds. It was the second biggest deer shot while we were there.

Deanna went varmint hunting with Dad and Mr. Turley the first night we got there, and Mr. Turley shot a bobcat! Dad said he shot all of its abdominal muscles out and they thought it was dead so Andrew Torres ran out and picked it up by the back legs but it wasn't dead so it started hissing and trying to curl up and scratch him but "luckily" for Andrew all its abdominal muscles were gone so it couldn't, so Andrew started yelling "Get the .22!!!Get the .22!!!Get the .22!!!" but all Dad, Mr. Turley, and Deanna could hear was ''.22!!!.22!!!.22!!!'' but finally Mr. Hart ran out there and shot it dead.

  posted at 9:08 AM
  1 comments



1 Comments:
At 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! What an adventure you all had! It all sounds very exciting, but I've never been hunting before so I'm a little squeamish when it comes to this kind of thing. I am getting better now that my husband and sons have started to hunt. They have only shot quail so far and that is easy to handle! Kind of like chicken or turkey.

From one of your Mom's faithful blog readers,
Mrs. Mezzell

 

Post a Comment

<< Home