About Me
Name: Kittykait
Location:: Rural Texas, USA

I'm the second of 8 children.
I homeschool, and I'm 11.
I love having a huge family.
We have an animal farm: 2 gerbils,
6 rabbits, 1 dog, 1 cat,
and 6 sisters and 1 brother.
We are Christians.
I love Paperback swap!!!

View my complete profile


My Families blogs
Thursday, March 16, 2006

Today "instead" of math Mom and me made kitchen scrap cookies. Here is a recipe:

  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 3/4 c. brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 c. cold cooked oatmeal
  • 1-1/4 c. flour (using 1 cup WW pastry flour makes a crisper cookie)
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. bkg. soda
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1 tsp. vanilla

Up to 1 additional cup uncooked oats, rolled or steel cut,

Add at least 1 cup of kitchen scraps like:

  • Cup cakes
  • Oat meal (with raisins and/or apples optional)
  • Coconut

Cream butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla. Lightly sprinkle flour, salt, soda, and cinnamon. Add to wet ingredients. Mix batter with cooked oatmeal and add-in's. The finished batter should have a semi-stiff consistency, or stay rounded as you drop the teaspoons on the sheet.

Bake at 350* 12-15 minutes on a very lightly greased cookie sheet until the edges are brown.

These could sound very weird but once you take a bite the first one you won’t stop!

Now I have to take some cookies out of the oven!


  posted at 9:51 AM
  0 comments



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home