About Me
Name: Kittykait
Location:: Rural Texas, USA

I'm the second of 8 children.
I homeschool, and I'm 11.
I love having a huge family.
We have an animal farm: 2 gerbils,
6 rabbits, 1 dog, 1 cat,
and 6 sisters and 1 brother.
We are Christians.
I love Paperback swap!!!

View my complete profile


My Families blogs
Wednesday, April 26, 2006
To tell this story I will have to tell 2 stories. In the first I will explain about some roosters. Well, my Dad's boss Mr. Turley gave us 7 roosters to butcher and we were tying string around their legs. We haven't had much experience with roosters so we were a little bit scared of them and we weren't sure how smart they were so we had got 2 tied up we were about to do the next cage. We took the piece of plywood off the top of the cage. One jumped out "Close the cage Deanna!" I yelled as I chased him but before she did another one got out. So she ran after it and as if two weren't bad enough 4 y/o Rebecca opened a little door on the side and let the other three out! So from 11:00 AM- 8:30 PM Saturday we chased roosters through the very thick woods and we only caught two of five that were lose! Monday (butchering day) each one got away at least once. Here is when the skunk comes in. Before all of them were caught I found a feather and a idea. "Lady" I called to our dog and I gave her the feather "Go get it" she ran off in the direction were the woods got even thicker. I followed and I followed her. Every once in while she would stop to take a sniff or to let me catch up. After a while we got to a field she ran over to a pile of brush and started to jump up and down excitedly and run around it as to try and block the "chicken" from getting out. So I walked over to it and saw a skunk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ran as fast as I could about twenty feet away and started yelling for Lady to get away from that skunk! She didn't come. Running faster than ever before I went through the thick thick woods and up to the house yelling "Skunk! Skunk! Lady is going to get sprayed by a skunk!" I told mom the whole story and she warned me against letting Lady in if she comes running up as fast as she can from where I saw the skunk because it probably would mean she got sprayed. Later Lady came up but the skunk had not sprayed her thank GOD.

Note to readers:
I did not take this picture

  posted at 12:06 PM
  0 comments



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home