About Me
Name: Kittykait
Location:: Rural Texas, USA

I'm the second of 8 children.
I homeschool, and I'm 11.
I love having a huge family.
We have an animal farm: 2 gerbils,
6 rabbits, 1 dog, 1 cat,
and 6 sisters and 1 brother.
We are Christians.
I love Paperback swap!!!

View my complete profile


My Families blogs
  • My Dad's Blog
  • My Mom's Blog
  • My older sister Deanna
  • My Grandpa's on my Dad's side
  • Lids (AKA Lydia the talker)
  • Some friends'blogs

    What is your favorite book of the bible out of these choices:
    Genesis
    Ruth
    Psalms
    Proverbs
    Daniel
    Luke
    Acts
    James
    Revelations
      
    Free polls from Pollhost.com

    Credits & Tools
    Template by:


    Design & Graphics by:

    Powered by:



    Daily Blessing




    Monday, October 03, 2005

    I love bugs. But most of all I love praying mantids! Here is a picture of me and a female. I can tell it's a female because I found her and 1/2 of her mate on her back and now she is carrying an egg case! The picture on the left is the praying mantis on my face and the picture on the right is the praying mantis on my hand. I am going to tell you a story about a very very ill mantis I found:
    One fine morning I was just minding my own business when my sister Megan brought me a dead praying mantis. Or so she thought. I was showing my mom, and then it kicked its leg!
    I got a little bottle cap and put a dab of milk in it. Then I fed the milk to the praying mantis by dabbing my finger in the milk, and touching the mantis's face.
    While I was feeding it, it was clinging to my fingers with its little poker-thingies that it grabs its food with. I fed it for a little while, then I got a piece of cloth and laid it on a little bug bed, and made it a Get Well Soon card. Really, I did.
    We went to some friends' house. When we got back, I discovered a tragic event. The praying mantis (sniff) was dead.
    I flushed it down the toilet as I sang Amazing Grace.
    The end.

    PS. I promise this is a true story.

      posted at 3:43 PM
      7 comments



    7 Comments:
    At 6:00 AM, Blogger Kim C. said...

    Just what we need...more pregnant females in this house. I bet all her offspring will be girls, like when the dog had pups.

     
    At 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Kaitlyn,

    Gross! but really cool!!!

    Grandpa Coghlan

     
    At 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Kaitlynn,
    you showed me my first ever praying mantis. I had never seen one before.
    Mrs. Billingsley

     
    At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh, forgot to say to keep up the good work I enjoy reading your stories.
    Mrs. Billingsley

     
    At 9:48 AM, Blogger PerryC said...

    deeeeeeeskusting!

     
    At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You better watch it...I like squishing bugs.... MUUWAAAAAHHH HA HA HA..... They make a very peculiar sound....CRUNCH!

     
    At 12:29 PM, Blogger Bean said...

    I like praying mantises and bugs but not enough to let them on my face.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home