About Me
Name: Kittykait
Location:: Rural Texas, USA

I'm the second of 8 children.
I homeschool, and I'm 11.
I love having a huge family.
We have an animal farm: 2 gerbils,
6 rabbits, 1 dog, 1 cat,
and 6 sisters and 1 brother.
We are Christians.
I love Paperback swap!!!

View my complete profile


My Families blogs
  • My Dad's Blog
  • My Mom's Blog
  • My older sister Deanna
  • My Grandpa's on my Dad's side
  • Lids (AKA Lydia the talker)
  • Some friends'blogs

    What is your favorite book of the bible out of these choices:
    Genesis
    Ruth
    Psalms
    Proverbs
    Daniel
    Luke
    Acts
    James
    Revelations
      
    Free polls from Pollhost.com

    Credits & Tools
    Template by:


    Design & Graphics by:

    Powered by:



    Daily Blessing




    Wednesday, July 19, 2006
    Did you know the New Testament has about 300 chapters in it? Well my mom thought of a challenge: To read the new testament in 1 month 10 chapters a day, I'm doing it in fact today is my third day and I've all really read Mark chapter 2! I encourage you to start the New Testament challenge today!
    Today while I was reading about the 30 silver coins that Judas Iscariot traded Jesus for I remembered a story my sister Deanna told me:
    Once there lived a king in what was said to be the most beautiful kingdom ever. One day the king decided to have a paper posted all over the kingdom that told the villagers to come to his palace on a certain date and tell what they think he was worth.
    So when that date came people came and told early and late some said "I would go over a million mountains and give up all my wealth for you Oh king!" others said things like "everything I own" or "Anything for you Oh great king" But when it came to a very poor looking man near the back of the line the king asked "And what do you think I am worth?" The man answered "29 pieces of silver"
    "29 pieces of silver!?!?!? What makes you say such a low amount?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!" said the king in much fury.
    "Are you worth more than my Lord Jesus Christ who was sold for 30
    pieces of silver?” replied the man.

    I forgot the rest of the story but what do you think he would do?

      posted at 3:44 PM
      4 comments



    4 Comments:
    At 3:26 PM, Blogger Paulette said...

    Your mom is a smart woman, but she is much more energetic than Iam. I would find it very hard to read all those Chapters in one day.I do however read my Bible everyday and am faithful to do so because it is so important to grow in Christ. Good job

     
    At 5:39 PM, Blogger Mom2fur said...

    I hope that the king would see how very petty he was being, and maybe remember that the son of God walked this earth in plain clothes and simple shoes--yet look how many people love Him! (If you ever hear the rest of the story, let us know!)

     
    At 6:45 PM, Blogger Kaitlyn said...

    I do remmember that the king was humbled, I just can't remmember what he did.

     
    At 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I like that story.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home