About Me
Name: Kittykait
Location:: Rural Texas, USA

I'm the second of 8 children.
I homeschool, and I'm 11.
I love having a huge family.
We have an animal farm: 2 gerbils,
6 rabbits, 1 dog, 1 cat,
and 6 sisters and 1 brother.
We are Christians.
I love Paperback swap!!!

View my complete profile


My Families blogs
  • My Dad's Blog
  • My Mom's Blog
  • My older sister Deanna
  • My Grandpa's on my Dad's side
  • Lids (AKA Lydia the talker)
  • Some friends'blogs

    What is your favorite book of the bible out of these choices:
    Genesis
    Ruth
    Psalms
    Proverbs
    Daniel
    Luke
    Acts
    James
    Revelations
      
    Free polls from Pollhost.com

    Credits & Tools
    Template by:


    Design & Graphics by:

    Powered by:



    Daily Blessing




    Tuesday, July 18, 2006
    Ice Cream Cake - mint chocolate chip (makes 2)

    First you take 2 boxes of mint chocolate chip ice cream. Set it out to soften a bit.
    Get 2 springform pans out.
    Crush 1 pack of oreos.
    Put 1/3 of the crumbs in the bottoms of the pans.
    Line the pans on the edge with whole oreos.
    Scoop half of one box of the ice cream into each pan.
    Spread more crumbs on top of the ice cream.
    Make another layer of ice cream.
    Decorate the top with the rest of the crumbs and whole oreos if you have any left.
    Freeze until firm.

    Warning: whole oreos on the top may make the cake hard to cut.

    Other flavors will work too. What sounds good to you? I think chocolate sounds good! If you're having a Barbie birthday party or something, pink ice cream would look good.

      posted at 10:22 AM
      5 comments



    5 Comments:
    At 12:11 PM, Blogger Mom2fur said...

    Mint chocolate chip is my favorite! This sounds reallllyyyy goooooodd! I'll definitely have to try it!

     
    At 1:09 PM, Blogger SaraJo said...

    Mmmm, it's supposed to be pretty hot here today. Maybe we'll try this for a special 'cool-down' dessert.

    Sara

     
    At 8:34 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

    Wow, Kaitlyn, you're letting my secret out of the bag! This is the easiest, yet most impressive dessert. I made one in college using Cookies n' Cream, and it won "best tasting" in a dessert contest. They never knew how incredibly easy it was, and if you decorate it with whole Oreos and whip cream dollops, it looks really spiffy!

     
    At 9:45 PM, Blogger Roberta said...

    Oh yummy!!! My family would love this! For my daughter's 1st birthday (she's now 3) I made something similar. First baked a strawberry cake in a 9" springform pan then after cooling froze it. Soften Breyer's strawberry ice cream, layer smoothly on frozen cake, then freeze again. Garnish with sliced and fanned strawberries.
    Thanks for the idea! :)

     
    At 7:14 PM, Blogger Kaitlyn said...

    I made it for deanna's birthday.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home